August, 18 2016
Bureau of Citizens and Cultural Affairs
Implementation Committee for New Concept "Ueno, a Global Capital of Culture”
Explore Ueno’s World Heritage Site with the Limited Edition UENO WELCOME PASSPORT!
In celebration of the Le Corbusier-designed National Museum of Western Art becoming the first World Cultural Heritage site to be listed in Tokyo, Ueno Cultural Park will be releasing a commemorative edition of its UENO WELCOME PASSPORT on August 15th.
First published in January 2016, the UENO WELCOME PASSPORT is a booklet offering discounts on admissions to various cultural attractions in Ueno. For only 2000 yen, the PASSPORT provides users access to select facilities, including museums, galleries and temporary exhibitions, together with an exciting stamp collection at 11 facilities. The UENO WELCOME PASSPORT is the perfect guide for visitors wanting to explore Ueno, the growing cultural centre of Tokyo.
The PASSPORT is valid until January 31st, Tuesday, 2017.
What’s does the Limited Edition UENO WELCOME PASSPORT include?
- A special front cover design with the National Museum of Western Art printed in gold.
- Admission tickets to 9 permanent and a temporary exhibitions from facilities such as the National Museum of Western Art, the Tokyo National Museum, Ueno Zoo, the National Museum of Nature and Science Tokyo and more.
- Discount tickets for select exhibitions.
- Gift coupons valid in 5 facilities.
- Ueno Stamp Rally map to discover the secrets of Ueno.
UENO WELCOME PASSPORT, Commemorative issue for The National Museum of Western Art’s UNESCO World Heritage Site Listing
Valid: August 15th (Mon) , 2016 ~ January 31st (Tue), 2017
Purchase from: Participating facilities (with some exemptions), ecute UENO, and more.
Order online at: http://ueno-bunka.net/
Price: 2,000yen (TAX included)