June 22, 2016
Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs
Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016
Traditional Skill & TOKYO
Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016 will be held in August.
This is part of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s ALL JAPAN & TOKYO Project, in which the TMG, in cooperation with other regions of Japan, leverages the strengths of “all Japan” to raise the profile of various industries from around the country.
http://www.sangyo-rodo.metro.tokyo.jp/all-japan/index.html (in Japanese)
With the aim of contributing to the sustainable development of the “monozukuri (manufacturing)” industry, Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016: Traditional Skill & TOKYO will be held for the first time. On the theme of tradition and innovation, this event will feature traditional craftsmanship that has played an important part in the development of Japan, as well as showcase the wonders of cutting-edge manufacturing technology. Don’t miss this opportunity to see and experience first-hand excellent craftsmanship in various fields. Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016 is a must-visit for tourists from overseas as well!
August 10 (Wed)–August 12 (Fri), 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tokyo International Forum, Hall E (B2 floor) and Lobby Gallery (B1 floor)
(Address: 3-5-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
- Displays and demonstrations will be held to introduce the skills of craftsmen, traditional crafts, and cutting-edge manufacturing technology, which are found in various parts of the country.
- Quality items will be brought from all corners of Japan for showcase and sale.
- There will be a wide variety of booths allowing visitors hands-on experience.
Comedian Takahiro Azuma and superhero Ultraman have been appointed ambassadors to Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016. They will be also involved in pre-event promotion to make this expo fun and exciting!
- Takahiro Azuma is a comedian well-versed in the traditional culture of Tokyo. He appears on the TV program“Wafu Sohonke,”which features Japanese life and culture.
- The“Ultraman”TV series, which turns 50 this year, is created by a studio in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, using sophisticated special effects techniques. Ultraman has many fans in other countries as well.
For details, please visit:
Long-Term Vision for Tokyo
*This project is related to the Long-Term Vision for Tokyo (Urban strategy 6, Approach 15).
(regarding ALL JAPAN & TOKYO Project)
Planning and Budget Section, General Affairs Division, Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs
Phone:+81-3-5320-4685 (Assistance in Japanese only)
(regarding this event)
Monozukuri/Takumi no Waza Expo 2016 organizing committee
(Skills Development Section, Employment Division, Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs)
S0000458@section.metro.tokyo.jp (In Japanese/English)
Phone:+81-3-5320-4717 (Assistance in Japanese only)