May 10, 2019
Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs,
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
NEW Now easier to search!
Introducing our new Unique Venue Website! & More facilities than ever in our PR brochure
From 2016 Tokyo Metropolitan Government created the Unique Venues brochure as part of efforts to promote efforts facilities known as "Unique Venues." These facilities include art museums and gardens in Tokyo, which can be used as special MICE venues for meetings and events.
In order to promote Unique Venues in Tokyo to a wider audience, a new Unique Venue website featuring 57 facilities has been launched, with more expected to be added soon.
Use of the brochure and new website will help a wider audience understand the diverse appeal of Tokyo as a MICE city. By clearly showing how to use Unique Venues to create the perfect event, increase in usage of the Unique Venues in Tokyo is anticipated.
About the Unique Venues Website
1 Special Features
- The website introduces Tokyo's Unique Venues and their backgrounds using pictures and a 360° view function in Japanese and English.
- Improved convenience for users with a comprehensive search function. Refine the search by number of people, area or type of facility to provide more appropriate results.
- A video introducing Tokyo’s Unique Venues on the top page.
- Enables complex examination of facilities by providing the ability to view suggested recommendations, browsing history, bookmark function, and the ability to send the details of your favorite facilities by email.
2 Website Content
- Basic information (facility overview, available space, capacity etc.)
- 360°view of the Tokyo Unique Venues (daytime, evening)
- Information about the area around the venue (meeting space, accommodations, sightseeing information, etc.)
- Examples of events held at Unique Venues
3 Website Link
Access the site from the link below.
https://www.tokyouniquevenues.jp/ (External link)
Top Page and Search
Facility page (Former Residence of the Maeda Family)
360°view of Kiyosumi Gardens
About the PR Brochure
1 Special Features
- Text is written in both English and Japanese.
- In addition to photos showing the layout and scale, many photos of events also help to give an easily understandable sense of the venues.
- The brochure includes a comprehensive price list for each facility. This can also be used as a handy sales tool.
Tokyo Unique Venues brochure, front and back
2 Listed Facilities
57facilities are introduced, including metropolitan venues, art museums, shrines, temples and theme parks:.
(*) Newly added facilities
|Tokyo Metropolitan Facilities
||Hama-rikyu Gardens, Kiyosumi Gardens, Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Tokyo Photographic Art Museum, Edo-Tokyo Museum(*), Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo(*), Tokyo Sea Life Park, Former Residence of the Maeda Family(*), Tokyo Metropolitan Government No.1 Building Observatory
||The Sumida Hokusai Museum, The Ueno Royal Museum, The Japanese Sword Museum, Yamatane Museum of Art, JP Tower Museum INTERMEDIATHEQUE(*), Suntory Museum of Art
|Halls & Theaters
||SUNTORY HALL(*), Kanze Noh Theater, Hosho Noh Theater(*)
|Temples & Shrines
||Nogi-jinja Shrine, Eko-in Temple, Jindaiji Temple, Kanda Myoujin Shrine(*), Daikyoji Temple
||Temple Street in Shibamata(*)
||Fukutoku Garden, Roppongi Hills Arena and Mohri Garden, Toranomon Hills Oval Plaza, ARK Karajan Place, Otemachi Naka-dori Avenue, Oi Racecourse, BMW GROUP Tokyo Bay(*), Tokyo Midtown Grass Square(*), SHINAGAWA SEASON TERRACE(*), Machida Shibahiro Garden(*)
||Madame Tussauds TOKYO, KidZania Tokyo, Yomiuriland, Sanrio Puroland, TeNQ Space Museum, Hanayashiki(*)
|Important Cultural Properties (Buildings)
||Jiyugakuen Myonichikan(*), Nihombashi Mitsukoshi Central Hall and Mitsukoshi Theater(*)
||TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN(R), Tokyo Tower(*), Sky Circus Sunshine 60 Observatory, Telecom Center Building Observatory and Atrium(*)
|Galleries & Event Spaces
||3×3 Lab, Future Warehouse TERRADA, Tokyu Plaza Ginza, Forum, Fuji TV Building, Kadokawa Daiei Studio, Asahi Group Headquarters Building(*), Art Factory Jonan-jima(*)
The brochure is widely distributed amongst foreign companies, travel agencies, embassies and chambers of commerce and industry in and beyond Tokyo, and is used by Tokyo Convention and Visitor’s Bureau for MICE promotions. The contents can also be viewed online from the Unique Venues Website (External link).
【The Tokyo Action Plan for 2020】
This project is part of the “Action Plan for 2020”.