Office of the Governor for Policy Planning
Invest Tokyo Seminar Summer 2017 Hosted by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) will hold "Invest Tokyo Seminar Summer 2017" on June 22 at JETRO Headquarters in the ARK Mori Building. During the first half of the seminar, presenters will introduce Tokyo's policies to attract foreign-capital companies, including the Special Economic Zone Program. The latter half of the seminar will be a business-networking and business-matching session for local SMEs and Foreign affiliates. Simultaneous interpretation in English will be provided.
Click here for the event flyer (PDF:3,505KB)
- Date: Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Time: 1:30 to 5:45pm (doors open at 1:00pm)
- Venue: JETRO Headquarters 5th fl., ARK Mori Building, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Access: https://www.jetro.go.jp/en/jetro/profile/map.html( External link )
- Host: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Co-host: Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Capacity: Approximately 100 people (advance application required)
- If more than 100 applications are received, participants will be chosen by lottery.
- Participants will include foreign companies, foreign embassies, foreign chambers of commerce in Tokyo, Tokyo-based SMEs and entrepreneurs.
- Application:https://www.bdc-tokyo.org/contact/form0622/form/english/( External link )
Please apply by Tuesday, June 13.
- 1st session (1:30 to 2:30pm)
- Opening Address by Takahiro Matsushita, Deputy Director General, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- "The Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Initiatives to Attract Foreign Companies," by Tomoe Otsuka, Director for Attraction of Foreign Companies, Coordination Division, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- "Attraction of the Special Economic Zone as Seen by a Company Supported by the Set-Up Program," by Foreign affiliates (TBD)
- "Examples of Successful Business Match-Ups Between Foreign Affiliates and SMEs in Tokyo, " by Foreign affiliates (TBD)
- 2nd session (2:45 to 5:45pm)