Bureau of Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games Preparation
The TMG to conduct preliminary interviews with regard to the facility operation of the Ariake Arena
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (hereafter the 'TMG') plans to conduct a series of interviews with various organisations including private businesses and incorporated associations/foundations, which will have expressed interest in the facility operation of The Ariake Arena designated to be a venue for Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games (hereafter 'Tokyo 2020').
The Ariake Arena will be operated by making full use of the private sector vitality and put to effective use after Tokyo 2020 as a precious asset for Tokyo residents. The TMG, therefore, would like to hear opinions/suggestions from a broad range of interested parties prior to preparing a set of requirements necessary for this type of facility operation.
1. Name of a facility
The Ariake Arena (Ariake 1-chome, Koto Ward, Tokyo)
(During the Olympic Games-time, Volleyball and during the Paralympic Games-time, Wheelchair basketball)
Note: see the guideline for an interview survey for detail on the TMG website
2. Interview questions
To sound out potential interested parties about the facility operation of the Ariake Arena (including plans/measures to utilise the facility, plans/measures to improve profitability, to make additional investments, ideas on regional revitalization programmes).
3. An overview of the planned interview survey
- a. Requirements to be considered for an interview
A juridical person or a group of such persons (such as corporations and associations/foundations) who will have expressed interest in the facility operation of The Ariake Arena and satisfy the following two conditions:
- i. Capable of making a proposal for feasible operational schemes and programmes to be implemented;
- ii. A track record of having proposed a project plan on the facility operation using one or more PFI/PPP types/schemes to the central and local governments, or of having experience in the facility operation using such schemes
- b. Interview schedule:
- i. The completed application must reach the TMG no later than noon on Friday. January 20 2017
- ii. All supporting materials must reach the TMG no later than noon on Wednesday, January 25 2017
- iii. Interviews to take place from late January to mid February 2017 (30 min. to 60 min. each)
- c. Application and related matters
As explained in the "guideline for an interview survey on the facility operation of The Ariake Arena"
- d. Others
Each interview will be a closed meeting conducted separately and independently for the protection of proprietary ideas and know-how of an interviewee. Note, however, that the TMG will consider the requirements (as provided in 3. a. above) of each applicant after receiving the application and provide additional information (documents etc.) on the facility operation of the Ariake Arena only for those applicants who have satisfied the requirements.
4. The guidline for preliminary interview survey and related information uploaded to the TMG website
An interested party may download from the TMG website as below:
A guideline for preliminary interview survey on the facility operation of the Ariake Arena (PDF:245KB)
Form 1-a, 1-b, 1-c (PDF:79KB)
Form 2 (PDF:41KB)