July 5, 2017
Bureau of Transportation
Choosing Tokyoʼs Most Popular Spots Campaign
The “Tokyo 100” Results Information Page Officially Opens!
- Site to debut in multiple languages alongside leaflet guide introducing Tokyoʼs finest sightseeing locations -
TripAdvisor(R), the worldʼs largest travel site* from reviews to bookings, and the Bureau of Transportation of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (also known as Toei) announced the launch of a dedicated lander showcasing the cityʼs most loved things to see and do.
The campaign, which ran from April 2016 to March this year, was conceptualized to help travelers discover tours and attractions in Tokyo beyond what is already known to international tourists.
These were based on reviews and opinions submitted by locals visiting or residing in the city.
The TOKYO 100 selected destinations were announced last month, and will now be available for viewing on the official TOKYO100 website, detailed below.
1. About the Site
- Title: TOKYO 100 – Tokyoʼs Best 100 Spots to the World
- Hosted on TripAdvisor, the site will feature the TOKYO 100 picks in addition to information on the 20 best gourmet spots in Tokyo, ranked for convenience.
- The TOKYO 100 selections are separated into five categories: “Enjoy Active Sightseeing,”“Experience Culture,” “Sense History,”“Immerse in Nature,” and “Get to Know Tokyo,” allowing the siteʼs visitors to easily search for destinations that meet their requirements.
- The TOKYO 100 site will be available globally in English, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
Links to the TOKYO 100 Site
Wednesday, June 21
2. About the Leaflet Guide
- Title: Take a Trip with Toei: The TOKYO 100
- A conveniently sized leaflet highlighting the TOKYO 100 destinations and the 20 best gourmet spots in Tokyo.
Available in English, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- Includes a convenient map of destinations around Toei train lines, and is designed to be viewed at a glance.
- The leaflet will be available at Toei subway stations and other areas from mid-July.
3. About the TOKYO 100
Conducted over a one-year period from April 2016, the Tokyo 100 campaign had called for local travelers living in or commuting to Tokyo to review their favourite places that were outside the regular tourist attractions.
This included intriguing ʻoff the beaten trackʼ places that they considered the cityʼs best kept secrets.
The 100 things to do and 20 gourmet places to eat were based on the quality and quantity of reviews submitted on TripAdvisor by Japanese reviewers, in order to provide a more diverse Tokyo experience to travelers visiting the city.
For more information on the Tokyo 100 survey results, visit:
TripAdvisor(R), the worldʼs largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip.
With more than 500 million reviews and opinions covering the worldʼs largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- over 7 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants --
TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat.
TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find great prices on the hotel thatʼs right for them.
TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the worldʼs largest travel community of 390 million average unique monthly visitors,** all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor. Know better. Book better. Go better.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December, 2016
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, Q1 2017
Toei Transportation Customer Center