June 20, 2016
Bureau of Port and Harbor
Tokyo Port Promotion Association
Inviting foreign nationals to a guided cruise in Tokyo Bay
Port of Tokyo Sunset Cruise
To celebrate Marine Day (a national holiday), the Bureau of Port and Harbor, Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), is organizing a special cruise for foreign residents and overseas visitors. “Port of Tokyo Sunset Cruise” is free of charge and a great chance to enjoy the sites of the Port of Tokyo from the water.
Participants will board the inspection ship “Shin Tokyo-Maru,” to travel around the harbor and view sites including Rainbow Bridge, Tokyo Waterfront City, and the maritime terminals which handle Japan’s largest share of international container cargo.
A guide will explain the sites and the activities of the Port of Tokyo, and translators from Musashino University will provide interpretation in Chinese, English, and Korean. We look forward to welcoming you!
Time and date
July 17 (Sun), 2016, 4:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
(Reception desk opens at 3:45 p.m.)
*The tour may be cancelled in the case of bad weather.
|4:00 p.m.||Depart from Takeshiba Pier
Approx. 1 hour 45 minute tour of the Port
|5:45 p.m.||Disembark at Aomi Pier
*Guidance in Japanese; Chinese, English, and Korean interpretation.
Max number of participants
*If the cruise is oversubscribed, participants will be selected by a draw
Eligibility requirements for participation
- Foreign nationals, as individuals or in groups (Groups must include at least one foreign national)
- At least 15 years old
*15-year-old junior high school students are NOT eligible
Free of charge
*Participants are responsible for their own transportation to Takeshiba Pier and from Aomi Pier
How to apply
Please send an email with the required information* to:
- Contact person’s name (in alphabet); email address; emergency contact (mobile number) in Japan
- Number of participants (maximum 4 persons per group)
- Names and ages of all participants (including contact person)
- Questions about the Port of Tokyo, if any. (We will make every effort to answer the questions during the cruise.)
Application emails must be received by 11:59 p.m., Japan local time, July 6, 2016.
- Any cost incurred in applying (e.g. email/phone charge) is the responsibility of applicants.
- Individuals or groups who do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed on the cruise.
- Multiple applications are not permitted.
- The tour details will be delivered to the email address you have provided after the application deadline. (In the case of a draw, you will be notified of the result.)
- If applying via mobile phone, please deactivate any user settings which restrict receipt of messages sent from PCs. For domain specific access settings, please set your phone to be able to receive emails from @section.metro.tokyo.jp (Bureau of Port and Harbor).
- If the cruise is canceled due to bad weather, etc., we will post a tweet on our official Twitter page (tocho_kouwan) at around noon on the day of the cruise.
- Please provide an emergency contact number (mobile) in Japan; we will not make international calls.
- If you are applying from overseas and do not provide an emergency contact number in Japan, please note that we will not be able to contact you.
Public Relations, General Affairs Division, Bureau of Port and Harbor
Port Promotion Section, Tokyo Port Promotion Association