April 28, 2016
Bureau of General Affairs
Strengthened security measures at the TMG Main Buildings to coincide with the G7 Ise-Shima Summit
In order to exercise increased vigilance against threats such as terrorism in preparation for the G7 Japan 2016 Summit to be held in Ise-Shima, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) will strengthen security measures at the TMG Main Buildings in phases as outlined below. The understanding and cooperation of all visitors to the buildings shall be highly appreciated.
1. Date of Implementation
Thursday, April 28, 2016 through Friday, May 27, 2016
※High Security Period: Friday, May 20 through Friday, May 27
2. Measures to be Implemented
(1) Additional Security Period（April 28 – May 19）
- Two additional entrances to the TMG Main Buildings will be closed. (See Attachment 1 (PDF:85KB))
- Increased security camera surveillance
- Inspection of parked vehicles through patrols and other means
(2) High Security Period (May 20 – May 27)
- Four entrances to the TMG Main Buildings will be closed in addition to those closed during the Additional Security Period. (See Attachment 2 (PDF:86KB))
- Bag inspections will be carried out at entrances to the buildings and the TMG Building No. 1 Observation Deck (North and South) ※
- Vehicle trunks will be inspected at the entrance to parking facilities.
※ Inspections of personal belongings will be performed visually and using a metal detector.
General Affairs Section, General Affairs Division Bureau of General Affairs
Phone:+81-3-5388-2307 (Assistance in Japanese only)
S0000011@section.metro.tokyo.jp (Inquiries accepted in English)