Updated on February 13, 2015
Bureau of Port and Harbor
Welcome to the Seaside of Tokyo
“The Port of Tokyo Mini Cruise”
As a first attempt to share attractive aspects of the Port of Tokyo with foreign people, the Bureau of Port and Harbor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is organizing a special tour, “The Port of Tokyo Mini Cruise,” for foreign residents and overseas visitors.
On our inspection ship “Shin Tokyo-Maru,” participants will travel around the harbor and see Rainbow Bridge, Tokyo Waterfront City, the leading foreign-trade container terminals in Japan, among others. During the tour, explanations on the characteristics and the roles of the Port will be given by an experienced guide through an interpreter. We look forward to your participation!
March 10 (Tue.), 2015
Assemble at Takeshiba Terminal
1:15 p.m. Reception starts
1:30 p.m. Depart Takeshiba Terminal
An approximate 75 minute inspection of the Port
2:45 p.m. Disembark at Aomi Terminal and disband
*The tour may be cancelled in the case of bad weather.
*Japanese guidance with English interpretation.
Max number of participants
*If oversubscribed, participants will be selected by a draw
- Foreigners, or a group including at least one foreigner
- 15 years old and above *15 year old junior high school students are NOT allowed
*Transportation fees to/from the terminals where the tour starts/disembarks are at the participants’ own cost.
Please send an email with the necessary information to;
Representative name (in alphabet), E-mail address, Emergency contact (mobile number), Number of participants (Max 4 persons per group), Names and ages of all participants (including representative), Questions in regard to the Port of Tokyo, if any. (We will make every effort to answer the questions during the tour.)
The application mail must arrive by11:59 p.m. Japan local time February 25th, 2015
- Communication fees in regard to application are at the participants’ own cost.
- Application will be cancelled if any false information or procedure is found.
- Multiple applications are not allowed.
- The tour details will be delivered to your registered e-mail address after the application period (In case of a draw, you will be informed of the result.)
- For application via mobile phones, deactivate any user setting which might cause restriction in receiving messages sent out from PCs. For concerning domain specific access settings, make it accessible to receive e-mails from” @section.metro.tokyo.jp”( the Bureau of Port and Harbor).
- In case of cancellation due to bad weather, etc., we will tweet on our official Twitter page (tocho_kouwan) at around 11:00 a.m. on the tour day.
- Emergency contact will be made to domestic phones only. We will not make international calls.
- For overseas applicants, if you fail to inform us of your emergency contact number, please note that no further information can be given in the case of any last-minutes changes
Public Relations, General Affairs Division
Bureau of Port and Harbor